Thursday 23 February 2023

Goodbye to Thattekad


Indian Peafowl are wild and endemic in India, and I would have been disappointed to have left the country without seeing one. Fortunately this peacock decided to put me out of my misery and performed admirably today, even posing on the Thattekad Bird sanctuary sign.

So that's the end of my very enjoyable six day visit to Thattekad, staying at Birds Song Homestay with Vinod. I can't recommend this place highly enough, the homestay was excellent, the food delicious and the guided birding provided by Vinod was exceptional. In the end I saw a total of 130 species at Thattekad including many of the endemics. Without Vinod's help I wouldn't have even been able to get to most of the sites we visited because I didn't have a car.




No comments:

Post a Comment