Friday 11 October 2019

Return to Herdsman


Hersman Lake, just north of Perth is a fabulous birding site and a must for any visitor to the city. Last year I went there right at the end of my holiday in the hope of adding freckled duck to my Australian list, and though I succeeded the views were not great. Since then I have seen Australia's rarest duck well on several occasions in the Melbourne area last November. Today I had time to kill while I waited for Josh to fly into Perth airport for our road trip up the west coast, and I couldn't think of a better place to visit than Herdsman. This time the freckled ducks showed much better and allowed me to get some half decent photos.



Ok so I accept that it's not the most colourful of Aussie birds, but it's certainly one of the most enigmatic.



Another one of my favourite Aussie birds, pink-eared duck.


Australian raven.


Australian hobby.


Paper bark swamp at Herdsman.

No comments:

Post a Comment